The Boys....

Friday, April 7, 2006

The Glucose test....ugghDate: 04/07/2006

Due to my risk factors, dad and both paternal grandparents having diabetes, plus being over 25, they have been watching me closely for the possibility of gestational diabetes. I took the standard 1 hour test at my 28 week appointment, it came back "abnormal" so they scheduled me for the 3 hour test on 4/6/07.

It was pretty much dreadful, if you haven't had one. 3 hours, 10 oz of the most sickening sweet stuff you would ever not want to drink, and 4 blood draws later, I am done. I almost got sick, which would have meant starting from square one!

But I got the results back and I have borderline gestational diabetes. So now I meet with a dietician, learn how to monitor blood sugar and all that fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment