The Boys....

Monday, April 10, 2006

30 week appointment/Dietician appt Date: 04/13/2006


I initially wasn't going to tell anyone about the GD diagnosis, because I didn't want anyone to make a big deal about it, but then I figured if I go postal because someone offers me some of my favorite things over the holiday weekend (jelly beans and grape pop) I am going to look like a real bi-otch.

Well, I just had my 30 week appointment, the first after the news of the Gestational Diabetes diagnosis. Which upon her mentioning I broke down in tears. Must have had a hormonal moment.

Everything looks great. The baby is measuring right at 30 weeks, the heartbeat is strong, blood pressure, urine, all fine. So that is all good. But now I will have to see her weekly instead of biweekly to really monitor the growth of the baby to make sure (s)he is not getting too big as a result of the GD.

I will also have a few more (at least one more) ultrasound to make sure baby isn't a giant....I think she said at 38 weeks, but I was crying, so I really don't know.The first appt was Tuesday, yesterday, I went to the diabetes education class to learn how to monitor my blood sugar and what and when to eat. It wasn't that bad, I actually found out that I am borderline, but it's kinda like being a little bit pregnant. You just aren't!

So, I have to monitor my blood sugar 4 times a day and bring that with me to the dr to see where I am at. So far so good, I haven't had one that was even near the high normal. This just makes it a little more stressful than I planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment